i agree with u pvfan... from what i was told they didnt talk to pounds coach ... they just called the game and there wasnt much water on the field....
Any playoff game should be forced to go the distance. Even if it means coming back the next day.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
i agree with u pvfan... from what i was told they didnt talk to pounds coach ... they just called the game and there wasnt much water on the field....
I dont know about all of that, it's just my opinion that a playoff game should completed to the fullest.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
In baseball you do have to go the distance in tourny play, unless the rules have changed since I graduated.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IBAWAVE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heard pound had 2 runners on and there best hitter up who had already hit one to the fence .... bad luck for pound</div></div>
I believe this is true... it really sucks for Pound. I thought they had a real shot at coming back but that is the way it goes sometimes. I heard there was a rule that after five innings if the game has to be called it goes to the team ahead in runs.
yeah, runners on 1st and 2nd, with brooke stidham up to bat.
Whoever told you there was not much water on the field was way wrong. That place was flooded!!!!
Flood or no flood, FINISH THE GAME that day or the next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
I thought you had to complete a tournament game as well. The game is supposed to pick up from where if was stopped at, unless this is a district tournament rule. I know in the Region and State they have to be finished.
[url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]
In softball, even in tournament action, the game is complete after 5 full innings. This includes the 15 run "slaughter" rule.
Bookmarks